This section has been developed to support Flying Start mentors in their role. Check this section regularly for new content as we continue to develop materials for mentors.
As Flying Start NHS® has developed, many partners have helped build resources, ideas and knowledge about how to get the best out of the programme. In particular this includes the funded Flying Start NHS® Co-ordinators and key staff from NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Acute Services Practice Education Facilitators Team. NHS Dumfries and Galloway supported the photoshoot for the refreshed website - thank you all!
These resources can be downloaded and used across NHSScotland and partner agencies where newly qualified practitioners are working, we hope you find them useful.
- Flying Start NHS® Poster
- Flying Start Newly Qualified Practitioner Leaflet
- At a glance learning outcomes
- Flying Start NHS® and the NHS KSF
- General FAQs
Learner Guides - suggested pathways and milestones within the Flying Start Learning Programme
- Learner Guides - Introduction to learner
- Learner Guides - Induction to two months
- Learner Guides - two to five months in post
- Learner Guides - five to seven months in post
- Learner Guides - Guidance on completion of Flying Start NHS
Supporting learners to reflect on action and in action:
If you have developed local resources which you think other Flying Start mentors could benefit from, please use the Contact Us function to share with the project team.