Welcome to the Flying Start NHS® completers area . This area of the website will provide you with advice on what to do once you have completed Flying Start NHS®.
In 2014 NHS Education for Scotland commissioned work to provide guidance and support on the completion of the programme. The documents contained below show the rationale for the information being sought and aim to provide assistance with gathering evidence and gaining support from managers and mentors whilst working towards completion of the programme through a work based portfolio.
- Assessment of portfolios and literature review
- Guidance on completion of Flying Start NHS and use of portfolios
- Flying Start NHS template for evidence of completion
- Rationale/guidance for Newly Qualified Practitioners on completion
- Guidance on reviewing evidence for mentors and managers
Once your portfolio of evidence is complete and signed off by your mentor and/or line manager there are completion certificates available within all NHS Boards through your local Practice Education Facilitators.
Following on from your Flying Start NHS portfolio please download any evidence which has been kept electronically onto a USB (universal serial bus) and review the guidance available to you within Effective Practitioner and the Nursing and Midwifery ePortfolio in relation to gathering your life long learning evidence.
- demonstrate your value
- apply the latest evidence-based care
- develop your role
- maximise work-based learning